Why Trek with us?
- We have knowledgeable, caring trekking guides and porters
- We prefer small groups (max 14) to minimize the impact on the environment and allow greater interaction with the family and have a chance to get to know you and you get to know us
- We make sure you have a good experience at a fair price
- We are a family-based trek company, you are welcomed into our family for a unique trekking experience
- We enjoy what we are doing
- We are Nepali – we can create a holiday for you using our local knowledge and experience
- All guests are met at the airport and farewelled at the end of the trek
- We provide you with clear details of the costs for your trip so there are no unpleasant surprises
- We cater for individual requests during our trips
Who/What is keep Walking Nepal?
Keep Walking Nepal is a family run trekking company, with Ang Tshering Sherpa the principal owner. We have over 24 years’ experience trekking in Nepal and Tibet. We organize and run things ourselves, with our staff either based in Kathmandu or in their home village in the mountains. We are an internet-based business without massive overheads. We are actively keeping our operation small so that virtually all your money goes directly to our on-ground trek costs and staff. We make enough money to live on but are not driven by big profits, AND we don’t cut corners to jeopardize your safety or enjoyment. You will have a safe and fantastic trip with us experiencing first-hand our hospitality and customs.
Are we a Company?
Yes, Keep Walking Nepal Treks and Expeditions P/L is established under the Company Act 2053 and the Tourism Act 2035.
We are licensed by the Taxation Department of Nepal. Our Company Registration Number is 9026/068/069
Can I Get Some Feedback From Past Clients?
Yes, contact us, we get each client to complete a questionnaire at the end of the trek on what their experience has been, so we can ensure we continue to offer the best service possible. Read our Testimonials page for some recent feedback.
What Are Our Specialities?
- The family-based company offering a personal experience as opposed to visiting as a tourist
- Local treks around our ‘backyard’, where we know the people and the culture
- Tailor-made treks
- Firsthand Cultural experiences
- High altitude and mountaineering tailor-made treks
Your enjoyment depends on the quality of our trek crew. We are a family-based business, who are committed to ensuring you have the best experience. Our staff has completed the Trek Leader and Climbing Guide Courses. You are walking in our backyard, where we have lived most of our lives. We are knowledgeable about the environment you are walking in, the changing weather patterns and the local lifestyle. Our Trek Leaders and Guides speak English. We have locally experienced and trained trek staff and porters to guide you.
- We have staff trained in the use of Portable Acclimatisation Chamber, these are carried on all treks above 3900m
- Our staff have up to date first-aid and wilderness first-aid training
- We carry a comprehensive first-aid medical kit
- We have qualified climbing guides and Sherpa’s at altitudes above 3000m.
Giving Something Back
Keep Walking Nepal are supporters of the Kushudebu Public Health Mission Nepal (www.kushudebu.org.np).
We invite you to join us and share our family lifestyle as opposed to a tourist. We hope we will capture your heart and help you take home some special memories of your time in Nepal. Nepal is the home of the highest mountain on earth and has spectacular scenery that will be enhanced by our warm family hospitality. We will give you access to the beautiful Himalayan mountain range, holy places, and centuries-old traditions. Our knowledge of Nepal will ensure your holiday is a memorable experience.